Mean, Median, and Mode....OH MY!

Mean, Median, and Mode. I do remember learning about this in Elementary School. I also remember that I didn't find it too challenging. However, I don't think I really ever fully understood the importance of finding the Mean, Median, and Mode of data sets. Actually, maybe I knew the importance of Mean and Mode, but I never really understood what was so important about the Median? I remembered how to calculate the Mean, Median, and Mode of data sets, but I couldn't remember each of their definitions. I really enjoyed the video I placed down below. When I was in Elementary School I definitely did not know I was dealing with Statistics when finding the Mean, Median, and Mode of data sets.

Through more research I finally found out the real importance of finding the Median of data sets. The way I now understand it is that the Median is the middle of your data set, so it is the middle of your distribution. When you're looking at the distribution of your set you would then look at the Median as the middle of your set and how the other numbers in the set compare to the Median. I'm glad I did my research, so I could finally understand this concept and how the Median actually plays a role in data sets. 

I also found a really fun game for Mean, Median, and Mode. Mean, Median, and Mode Game. I think this would be great to use with students! They would find it entertaining and they could get some great practice in calculating Mean, Median, and Mode.

I hope this post was able to at least give you a little more understanding about the importance of finding the Median of data sets!
-Brianna😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's the Point? Collinear v. Coplanar

The Possible and Impossible...

Getting a Grasp on Graphs